Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ethics/News Stories

So far I've attended only a couple of news meetings for Adelante and written two stories for the Maneater.
Both of these stories have been new stories covering the Asian American/International Student Orientation, UnificAsaian and the Alpha Kappa Alpha Soriety's Girl Talk event.
To further extend my portfolio I plan on writing more stories for the Maneater, hopefully something outside of news story format and a little bit into the Arts and Entertainment type of stories.
I have also been attending various meetings held by the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, an association which was opened to MU last year. Alongside with my membership in NAHJ, I hope attain a wide variety of internships this coming summer or attendance at their regional conference.
Throughout high school I wrote for my yearbook two years in a row, mostly covering Student Life and Clubs/Organizations. With that and my additional clippings from my newspaper at school, I hope to bound together a good work portfolio, which I will need when applying to the Journalism School.
I wish they had water bottles at the Emporium.