Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Art

The piece of art that I chose to critique was the movie poster for the movie Caddyshack. Some people do not consider that art, but I do. This was one of the great movies of all time and the poster deserves to be critiqued. Looking at the picture there four main characters are in the hole. They all had different goals throughout the movie but they were all trying to accomplish their goals. Which is the point of golf to get the ball in the hole. There is also the 19 hole flag in the hole with them. This may be confusing to some who have not seen the movie, but if you have seen the movie and know the end, it makes sense. I also really like the fact that they have a big gopher on top of the clubhouse. This could have two meanings. One he destroys the golf course in the movie. The other meaning could be that he kind of ruled the golf course towering over it. I also like the quote at the top of the poster. I like it for two reasons. First, it is a good quote saying, “Some People Just Don’t Belong.” I also like it at the top of the poster so it attracts your attention. Also the poster has nice placement of the title. It is big and you can read it clearly. After writing that I just realized that you can’t see the picture so I hope that is a clear enough image.